Halifax County, North Carolina is the heartbeat of the Roanoke Valley and one of the most strategic locations in the Eastern United States. Our position along the Interstate 95 corridor offers an attractive location for new and expanding business investments as well as a growing destination for tourists. Equidistant between New York and Florida, Halifax County is a world-class location providing unlimited access to global markets.
- Strategic highway network, including Interstate 95, US Highways 158 and 301, with easy connections to Interstate 85 and US 64
- Less than 90 minutes from three international airports
- Easy access to the Ports of Virginia and Ports of Morehead City and Wilmington, NC
- CSX Tranportation Class A Rail Line
- Over 100,000 cars travel the Interstate 95 corridor daily through Halifax County
- Halifax Corporate Park, a 700 acre Certified Industrial Park
- Industrial-quality water, sewer, electrical, natural gas and telecommunication services
- Highly productive labor force and award-winning worker training programs
- Outstanding and affordable quality of life that includes two beautiful lakes, the Roanoke River, a rich history and vibrant culture
If your company is considering expansion or relocation, you'll find a wide range of resources to help you evaluate Halifax County as a location for your business. You will find information the incentives and assistance we offer to businesses, including available buildings and sites, demographics and economic data, and other valuable information and options to support your needs.
For a perspective of business news and trends in Halifax County, take a look at PROSPECTUS MAGAZINE. Published by The Daily Herald, PROSPECTUS features local business and development news that impact the economy of Halifax County and the Roanoke Valley.
Noted for its agricultural resources and major food processing operations, Halifax County offers significant benefits to food processing companies. Read more about opportunities for food-related businesses here.
Roanoke Rapids Regional Economic Hub
Roanoke Rapids, the major population center for Halifax County, is designated as a "micropolitan area" which means we are a significant center of population and production, drawing workers and shoppers from a wide local area. Roanoke Rapids is the hub of the micropolitan area, which incorporates Halifax and Northampton Counties. As a regional employment, health care, and retail hub, the Roanoke Valley is gaining attention nationwide for manufacturing, retail, and tourism development. In 2010, Site Selection Magazine reported the Roanoke Rapids, NC Micropolitan Area as one of the Top 12 Micropolitan Areas in the United States.