The Halifax County Economic Development Commission (HCEDC) is the lead economic development organization for Halifax County. The mission of the Halifax County Economic Development Commission is to support the creation of new jobs and investment in Halifax County and the retention and expansion of Halifax County's existing business and industry.
HCEDC’s offices are housed at the Halifax County Visitors Center located at 260 Premier Boulevard, adjacent to Interstate 95 (Exit 173). The Halifax County Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Roanoke Valley Chamber of Commerce are co-located with HCEDC to provide one stop access for community and visitor information and business and industry support services.
HCEDC can provide valuable, confidential support for new and expanding business and industry development. A sampling of our services is provided below:
- Detailed site selection Information (industrial parks, Greenfield sites, and available industrial buildings)
- Assistance in securing tax credits, low interest loans, and grant funds to support business/industry location and expansion
- Assistance in securing Local & State Incentives
- Community orientation services for prospective employees or relocatees
- Coordinate resources between Halifax County, state and regional partners, and our municipalities in implementing economic development activities
- Assistance in securing the best workforce for our new and expanding business and industry
- Continued service and support through the Halifax County Business Retention & Expansion Program